1. Books give a personal feeling when we pass on the book to a friend, family or loved one.
When you give your book to someone, you are placing a lot of trust in them also. And in a way you are giving a part of yourself to them.How can this act be ever compared to transferring an epub file from one apple ipad günstig to another?
2. A book feels real, tangible and hence you can attach feelings to it.
Each book in your collection has a feeling associated to it – the day you read it, the mood you read it in, how it helped you get over sadness.
3. The feeling of going into a library to go through books and meeting people who are as enthusiastic about books as you are.
There were times when we finished entire books sitting in a library or a bookstore. We made a lot of friends who loved books as much as we did. It’s just not the same with swiping right to see books and reading limited samples on a tablet.
4. Somehow doing the act of trying to find a dictionary and physically checking out the word made the meaning stuck better than simply long-pressing on the word on an ebook reader.
Yes, the inbuilt dictionary in ebook readers is that the neatest thing about them. You get the meaning in such a brief time.But that’s where it falls short. The meaning evaporates as soon as you switch off the tablet. once we actually looked during a dictionary we somehow recalled the meaning of the word better. this is often anecdotal but seems to be true.
5. Books are so much easier to scan and skim.
You can just flip through 100 pages to approximately land on the line you were looking for How many times have we taken a book we have already read from the shelves and skimmed through the pages? A book is like a city, and we know the city by its roads and we get familiar with every nook and corner.The same cannot be said about an ebook.
6. ebook don’t smell half as good as pages of a book.
They don’t smell at all. Whereas old books and new – smell good to a reader.
7. Scribbling your name and random words on the book that made it yours.
It is fascinating to find names in second-hand books too.It’s fascinating to find a person’s name and date of purchase when you get a second-hand book.You wonder if the book evoked the same feelings in the previous owner too.Writing your name also signifies that you read the book. You cannot do that on an ebook.
8. You feel like a patron when you pick up a book written by your favorite author.
Writers depend on their regular readers for their bread and butter. You feel a connection to them when you buy their book. Yes, the same could be said of ebook reader kaufen too, but a book is still tangible.
9. And successively , once you take a physical autograph of your favorite writer, it makes books priceless.
It’s another experience to urge a book signed by the author who wrote it. to face in line and exchange a couple of pleasantries then admire the signature for years on the primary page of the book.Sadly, digital sorts of signatures on ebook pages don’t evoke an equivalent feeling.Ebooks will never feel an equivalent . Books are tangible and real. Ebooks are just bits and bytes which will be deleted at a push of the button.